These are the basic principles from which I hope to grow a functioning, collapse-aware, NTHE-prepared, community.
- practicing regenerative agriculture
- guided by the three ethics of permaculture (Earth care, People care, Returning the surplus to Gaia, including our community & the global human community)
- designing our settlement with Holmgren`s 12 Principles of Permaculture
- organized by participatory economics through anarchic management (free association and mutual aid)
- informed by anti-oppressive awareness, and principles of social justice, endeavoring to treat one another, and outsiders to our community with radical respect & compassion
A deep appreciation based on empathy for the other person’s current functioning and for the context within which her or his suffering arose; an equally deep appreciation for her or his coping methods, survival strategies, and the inner wisdom that sought to keep her or him alive. (Jean Baker Miller)